Monday, May 29, 2006

The Gall

Having considered a number of other blogs it has come to my attention that the primary requirement for a blog is an unwitting element of pretension. While the humblest among us might attempt to avoid this with self-derision or a decrease in intellectual or jargon based content it is my intention to avoid this by removing the unwitting aspect of the pretension. The pretension comes from the delusional belief that we have a right to voice our opinion and the sudden realisation that we actually have a means to do this as well. True our audience might only be a few friends and some sad people typing random stuff into Google but our voice is heard nonetheless.

I would first and foremost like to point out that I have no authority to air my thoughts in the echoing halls of my empty site, I have no right and so far no overly novel opinions or eureka moments to share that are of any worth to anyone within the acknowledged clique that will read this. Only the means to ramble and the will to do so motivate true bloggery from my eductated* position on the matter.

So the question I pose is not so much is blogging a waste of time because we're all well aware that nothing that draws attention to people as wonderful as ourselves is ever a waste of time. Nor is it whether reading blogs is a waste of time that would then render the creation of blogs a waste of time and to that I would reiterate the above point. The true question is if pretension and egotism were to be removed from the event would that decrease the amount of cynicism I could direct at these practises?

*I've read at least half an article on about five other blog sites.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home