Thursday, August 24, 2006

Possibilities

This is how I intend to handle those awkward clarification conversations with female friends in the future.

I finally got some work to do at my job, it livens the tedium of my job just enough mean I won't be finding excuses to miss work for a week or two. Plus which someone who I'm pretty sure is my superior within my company asked my permission to do something which tickles me a little.

I'm thinking I need to do a poll for the next job I do to see what people think I should be doing with my future. Naturally I will profusely ignore the result of this poll, but you can be comforted by the knowledge that sub-consciously, human need for acceptance and a desire for you to buy me food at some point in the future will mean I'll probably give it more credit than I should. I can't be bothered working out how to set up a proper poll however so you'll just have to vote by comments.

So here are the options of work I could try to pursue over the next 2-3 years as general life experience prior to any future ministry (salaries directly relate to how many coffees/meals I buy you all over the course of these jobs):

1. Hobo (30-40k per annum)
2. Police Force (20-32k per annum)
3. Social Care (13-20k per annum)
4. Education (11k-33k per annum - support not teaching – maybe next year for the latter)
5. Modelling (138,386 per annum + ad contracts)
6. Civil Service (11-14k of your tax £'s per annum)
7. Soap Box Preaching (20p per/hr – unless snapped up to be a TV Evangelist in the first week)
8. Toy Boy (180k per annum + good food)
9. Tedious Admin Jobs (14-22k per annum + suicidal urges + £1.2 million worker compensation for the 'faulty chair' that slit my wrists + the enlightenment of a near death experience)

I also need to say that my brother is no longer addicted to computer games and resents the fact that I haven't mentioned this earlier as he hasn't been for a month and a bit and won't be until November. Yay.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't decide this for you!

support teaching sounds good
and you mentioned police :)
so

probably the greatest job in the world is to work in willy wonkas chocolate factory. Folk are always subconsciously, whether in an office or front end service, trying to get closer to that in their own way.

 
At 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont understand about the bricks

 
At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toy boy. Definately the toy boy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home