Friday, January 12, 2007

No Good Time for the UK

Perhaps a little behind times with the news here but I was fiddling with getting this blog moved to my 'own' site, and due to a general lack of aptitute managed to take the blog off line for a week.

According to our esteemed Prime Minister it's not possible to have a good time in the UK. Having a good time is clearly restricted to places beyond Europe, something people have a right to experience. I've taken such news to heart, as you all know, and plan to have a good time for the rest of my life (or at least the next two years) while most of you wallow in the depressing, funless life that is the UK.

The inability of the human race to sacrifice even the slightest luxuries for the sake of this world is natural enough when they're not informed. The fact that politicians will cling to ignorance as a right, something that we should enjoy while we have it, is enough to make me create realistic puppets of myself and bang their heads against the wall (I've found doing it with mine hurts.)

... rargh...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now come on, I think you're being a bit harsh. He's being perfectly reasonable here.

He replied: "I personally think these things are a bit impractical actually to expect people to do that.

"I think that what we need to do is to look at how you make air travel more energy efficient, how you develop the new fuels that will allow us to burn less energy and emit less."


All we need to do is encourage scientists to create a magic potion - let's put them all in a cage and push carrots through the bars till they give us the formula. It's their problem. They're the ones banging on about the environment, so let them solve it.

In the mean time, though, there's sadly no alternative but to burn more energy and emit more, so that's what we'll just have to do.

This is clearly someone else's problem. You can't actually expect that I'm going to do anything a bit impractical?

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Dish said...

I can't think of anyone else who would read such things into such a statement :D As for flying... I'd much rather keep flying thankyou very much... it's either that or several very expensive train journeys to get me back to Scotland when my time in France is up. If we stopped flying, I wouldn't be able to see the vast majority of my relatives anymore because they wouldn't have the time or money to make sea voyages that probably cause as much pollution anyway...
In other words I concur with Andy

 
At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like to eat carrots on their own.

 
At 10:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight we heard something at CU about yourself andy penman stephen duff and george and a certain some may call it flamboyant sauna.

 
At 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope alls well wi you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home