Friday, March 02, 2007

O Canada

I've arrived in Canada and have already been forced into hard labour.

I had to shovel the snow off the driveway, which given the snow had a very high density of ice means I can no longer fully clench my left hand... or breathe...*

It took me only 20 minutes with immigration at the airport and another 10 minutes in an office in town (with no queues) to be registered with a Social Insurance Number (same as an NI number) and be legally permitted to work. I'd esimate the same information and process would have taken no less than 4 hours followed by a 3-5 week wait for the number to be sent out to you.

Below is a picture from the bedroom window of the room I'm staying in at the pastor's house over here. I know you all can feel the tingles of excitement at seeing my first ever web-published digital photo... get a paper bag, put it over your mouth and breathe normally.


I'll be sure to update you more on my more** exciting life with hopefully wittier posts in the future.

* How am I alive you ask? That you need to ask the question merely shows your ignorance of basic biology.

** More exciting than a couple of days ago where I spent the entire day playing World of Warcraft, though this point is heavily debatable. Also more exciting than YOUR life, this point isn't debatable; you're breathing, I'm not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home