Sunday, August 05, 2007

Re-Resurrection

I want to say I've been busy, and use it as an excuse but apparently lying is bad. While I have been busy at times I have had ample opportunity to natter away to my adoring masses on this blog, however every time I've come to write something on here I've drawn a blank.

I've been helping out at a Youth camp for the past week, being a counselor for a dorm and helping with the canoing. Here I passed on my years of training in cynicism and motionlessness to the happy campers under my care.

It was a good camp, they kept the schedule light and flexible which took away alot of the stress I have had with other camps. The weather probably averaged around 35C most of the week yet somehow I managed to make it though without any sunburn (I would like to give my thanks to the person who invented "staying indoors" for this reason.)

In a stroke of genius I forgot to bring any footwear except the sandals I wore on the way there. One of these decided to rebel midway through the camp and had to be subdued with masking tape, thankfully the other learned from it's fallen comrade.

Here are some visual aids to this no doubt mesmerising story:

The Camp Weather Station:


Vital to any camp the Slave Shack can accomadate a minimum of 50 underfed slaves within it's walls:


One of the slaves injured themselves during the course of the camp, here he is on his way to be put down, for the sake of the environment his body will be recycled to fuel the boiler in the camp, the camp director and staff will have hot water for a few weeks now.

As many of you no doubt know slavery is a pretty controversial topic, especially in colonies like Canada. However I like to think that at the camp we were able to see past the propaganda, lies and bad press that slaves have received over the past few decades and embrace the slaves into our community without forcing them to conform and become free people like us.

Finally for good effect I leave you with a picture of a rebellious sandal, rightly subdued as it sits in awe of my presence. It dreams that one day it will unite all other sandals in a great rebellion against the human oppression, but for now it lies, masked and idle on my floor.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cynical, imperialist exterior is just a defence against your anxiety at missing doctor who and possibly me

 
At 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have to do ballroom dancing in sandals ?

 
At 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some how it figures that you'd leave with just one pair of shoes. I can't say I know you, but I wasn't supprised.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home